- Acupuncture in Durango3065 Main Ave
Durango, CO 81301970-814-6900
I write this at the start of a new year. I love this time of year because it feels propelled by feelings of hope, possibilities, and change. I think these are deeply human feelings and also deeply brave.
It is enough that you are here, showing up in your life, doing the best you can. It’s okay that your best may not be as great as you envision for yourself.
Breathe. Let the expectation and pressure to unveil your most fabulous self on January 1 slide by.
Now, here in this moment, start again. No matter what day it is, it is a perfect day to begin again to take whatever steps you can in the direction you want to go.
I moved to Durango, Colorado in the fall of 2023. I opened my acupuncture practice here in December. I am beginning again.
I closed my practice in Ohio this summer & put everything into storage. I left a thriving business and comfortable life because it no longer fit, no longer filled me up. It was time to initiate a change, a big one. The biggest difference with this move is that I didn’t know where I would land. I was afraid that I may not find my place. I was afraid that I might not hear my inner voice helping me find it. It took just a few months & a few thousand miles of driving around with my two black labs to get the pull to land in Durango. Of all the amazing places I visited, this was the one that sparked the thought “if I can, I want to be here”.
All of that to say that we can all start again, whether the change we seek is tiny or large scale.
In my next posts I’ll go more into acupuncture & herbal topics. I wanted to talk about landing in Durango today since I was out on a snow covered hike with my dogs this morning and caught myself in the moment feeling incredibly fortunate to be here.
Thank you for being here.
May 5, 2020
Hello lovely human –
I’m grateful we are at the point where we can consider how to safely and carefully resume our appointments together.
What a strange period of time it has been for all of us…
I look forward to moving into the newness together, with changes appropriate for the time we are now in. As the spring and summer progress, I will amend my practice as needed or required by recommendations of my professional organizations, the state, and other relevant health agencies.
While practicing good hygiene is always a priority at Center Point Acupuncture Medicine, I acknowledge these are extraordinary times requiring I go above and beyond customary actions to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Here is some information about the ongoing actions I’m taking to help protect your health and the health of myself and our community.
- I’ll be wearing a face covering when not able to be safe distanced.
- We are practicing and encourage safe distancing (e.g., maintaining at least six feet of separation between people in common areas).
- I take my temperature and O2 saturation readings twice daily.
- Signs containing helpful information about hand washing best practices and other prevention measures are posted.
- I’m keeping my hands washed, work areas wiped down, and am frequently disinfecting clinical and common areas using a multi-step process. Everything from ipads and pens to counters, treatment tables, linens and the medical supplies I rely on to provide care for you, are receiving extra attention.
Prior to your appointment:
- Please wear a face covering or mask & wash your hands prior to the start of your session.
- I ask that you check your temperature prior to coming for your treatment.
You must cancel your appointment if you are experiencing or have been in recent contact with anyone exhibiting any of the common COVID-19 symptoms:
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, dry cough, sore throat, body aches, chills, loss of sense of taste or smell, unexplained fatigue, headache, diarrhea, or severe vomiting), or have recently traveled to an area with high infections/transmission rates
Thank you in advance for your understanding. These guidelines will help me ensure that I remain available to provide care and service to you and my other patients without disruption.